Clinical Team Manager - West Essex
Are you looking to join an exciting organisation where you can make a real difference, whether that’s making people better, developing our offering to service users or leading a high performing team?
Vita Health Group is a leading UK healthcare provider with over 30 years’ experience delivering best in class Mental Health services to Corporate & NHS customers.
We are one of the largest NHS Talking Therapies providers in the country and have a proven track record in delivering high quality care to our patients. Our services take an innovative yet evidence-based approach, following NHS Talking Therapies & NICE guidelines to Making People Better.
The Clinical Team Manager will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of leadership and operational elements of the Step 3 Service in West Essex NHS Talking Therapies services.
- You will line manage a team of clinical therapists who provide assessment and treatment sessions to clients. Your role will include providing monthly line management meetings, quarterly and annual appraisals
- Manage performance of your team through liaison with senior clinicians, operational managers and supervisors
- Support the interview process and taking a lead role when onboarding new staff to your team.
- Coordinate and disseminate CPD Training to the team
- Liaise with clinicians who are off sick and communicating with all relevant departments such as HR.
- Be the first contact for the step 3 team for support they may need.
- Oversee the daily running of the step 3 team.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years' line management experience
- At least 2 years' experience supervising people and resource allocation
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Performance monitoring and management experience
- Capacity management experience
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural settings
- Experience of generating policy and procedural working practices
- Experience working in mental health and/or employment within related fields
- Accreditation membership of BABCP, UKCP, BACP or BPS
- Mental health professional with a core profession (HCPC/NMC)
- Leadership & Management Qualification (CMI, ILM, NHS Leadership Academy)
- Experience of working with a range of mental health issues both from clinical and social perspective
- Experience of working with a wide range of psychological problems within a therapeutic model
- Experience in providing training/ overseeing students
- Experience of project management
This is a hybrid role in West Essex.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, are engaged by insurers and some of the UK’s largest corporate companies to support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view here: https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/join-us/careers/
To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our Ethnicity Matters Scheme where all applicants for senior roles (£40,000+) from a minority ethnic group that meet the essential criteria will be invited for interview.
- Our sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
VHG is committed to supporting transgender individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact HR at email@example.com to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group