Equality Diversity and Inclusion Officer Corporate
- To contribute to the creation and delivery of the VHG EDI strategy and action plan
- To raise awareness of the value and need for EDI competency across the business with a focus on Corporate services
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of EDI competency within Corporate services – in relation to both services, service users and people/colleagues. To contribute to the creation and delivery of the VHG EDI strategy and action plan
- To play a key role in improving the ways of working within corporate VHG workforce by acting as a visible champion for an inclusive and open culture
- Contribute to the design of our EDI strategy and action plan and support the delivery of our EDI action plan
- Contribute to the delivery of the specific elements of the plan including focus on: Race/Ethnicity, Gender, Disability and Sexual Identity.
- Facilitating and supporting Employee Network Groups (current and any new ones) - building partnership work between HR and the Networks
- Contribute to strategy design and action plan to ensure services offered catered to needs of diverse populations and health inequalities considered in all the clinical work we do
Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of EDI legislation
- Genuine passion for, interest in, commitment to, and knowledge of the principles of EDI
- IT literate at an intermediate level minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually or within a team and foster good working relationships
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required
- EDI or project management qualification.
- Partnership building and relationship management
- To drive continuous improvement and work with senior leaders
Vita Health Group is a leading UK healthcare provider with over 30 years’ experience delivering best in class physical and mental health services across corporates, NHS and private patients.
We comprise of three leading healthcare providers, each with their own great reputation within the healthcare industry; RehabWorks, Workplace Wellness and Crystal Palace Physio Group.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group