IAPT Step 4 Clinical Lead Psychological Therapy Service
The Role: What you’ll do
We have Full and Part time hours available for this role.
Working as part of a motivated, cohesive, and well-supported team, you will be a highly skilled and experienced therapist with a proven record of providing clinical leadership through service development, training, and supervision to teams in primary care.
We are looking for an individual with additional training in modalities such as cognitive behaviour therapy for psychosis (CBT-P), psychodynamic approaches such as Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), Mentalisation Based Therapy (MBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT). Experience and training in working with personality disorder and trauma presentations will be essential; EMDR qualifications would be beneficial.
As well as managing a small caseload, the clinical lead will provide supervision and training to band 7 therapists within the service and will also receive their own regular clinical and case management supervision from a senior clinician. Clinicians are well resourced with IT and communications equipment. The service uses the IAPTus patient administration system and operates on a near-paperless basis.
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest companies to help support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience - we Make People Better.
Vita is fast growing, innovative and ambitious. If you would like to be part our journey and join a company that offers outstanding personal development, flexibility for a work/life balance and a genuine focus on delivering exceptional services then we would love to hear from you.
Your skills and background:
- Mental health background with additional training in evidence-based psychological approaches
- At least 2-years experience of working as a psychological therapist
- Qualification as a mental health professional
- Experience of treating complex mental health presentations in adults
- Experience of working with complex mental health presentations which extend beyond the scope of IAPT service provision
- Experience of MDT working
- Supporting service development initiatives
- Training experience
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills - Microsoft Office/Patient record systems
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required
- Experience of facilitating group-based interventions
- Trained in: Mentalisation-based Therapy (MBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trained in Structured Clinical Management (SCM)
- Involvement in service development initiatives
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. We are fast growing, innovative and ambitious. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and value excellence in everything we do. We are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the applications process, you can do so by visiting our website and clicking on “contact us” button located at the top right of the page. Please dial the number for our head office in Bury St Edmunds and ask to speak to a member of our recruitment team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Vita Health Group is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Committed Employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to supporting wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Vita Health Group