In Person Network Counsellor
At Vita Health Group our mission is “making people better”, and we are looking to recruit experienced counsellors to achieve that mission on an affiliate basis.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of affiliate counsellors delivering face to face counselling to our customers. Our clinical and operational teams will support you every step of the way. If you have the listening, empathy and communication skills we need in our counsellors, get in touch today to apply.
As a face to face Counsellor, you have a fantastic opportunity to make a tangible difference to people’s emotional health and wellbeing.
- On behalf of Vita Health Group you will deliver structured short term solution focused wellbeing counselling, typically six to eight sessions
- Choose to work with adults, or adults and Children and Young People, if qualified in this area
- Receive clients via our easy-to-use Portal
- Have the support of a wider team both clinical and operational
- Work the hours that are convenient to you
- Get paid for every session delivered
The counsellors we are looking for:
- Recognised Counselling Qualification – ideally Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Level 4 or above)
- BACP (or equivalent - NCS Accredited Professional status is also accepted) Accredited Membership is essential, (unfortunately Individual/Student/Registered Membership cannot be accepted)
- We ask for a minimum of years counselling experience, preferably with a variety of diverse client groups.
- 1 year experience in delivering counselling via telephone or virtually is desired.
- Self-motivated and confident in remote working to cover agreed shift patterns.
- Knowledge of using the Stepped Care Model and use of assessment tools PHQ9 and GAD7 desirable.
- Please complete your profile and pre-screening questionnaire, you will need to upload the following documents:
- BACP Accreditation Certificate or equivalent
- DBS Certificate
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- A picture of your Treatment room (if delivering Face to Face)
- Any Specialist Qualifications/Training
- Supervision Accreditation (where applicable)
- COVID – 19 Compliance Survey (if delivering Face to Face)
- A member of the team will ensure that all the documents are Checked and will be in contact with you to discuss your suitability and If successful we will then arrange sending you a contract with the terms and conditions.
- You will receive an induction, on how to receive clients from us in our easy-to-use Portal.
- Our Clinical and operational teams will support you every step of the way.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, are engaged by insurers and some of the UK’s largest corporate companies to support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view here: https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/join-us/careers/
To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our Ethnicity Matters Scheme where all applicants for senior roles (£40,000+) from a minority ethnic group that meet the essential criteria will be invited for interview.
- Our sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
VHG is committed to supporting transgender individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group