Long Term Conditions Psychologist
Do you have experience of working with patients with Long Term Conditions and would like to broaden your knowledge in the Bristol area?
An opportunity has arisen within the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire IAPT service (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) for a Band 7 Long Term Conditions Psychologist. This is an exciting new role which has been created to provide a qualified psychology service to patients with Long Term Conditions (LTC’s) within the IAPT Talking Therapy service. You’ll liaise with physical health services to assist with appropriate referrals and psychological guidance.
The role is based in Bristol and part of the job role is to work remotely. Part-time hours could be available for the right candidate. Our service actively encourages CPD and further training.
If you have any queries about this role please contact Pascale Harrison, Long Term Conditions Lead at recruitment.vhg.co.uk.
Skills and Experience:
- Doctoral level training in clinical or health psychology accredited by the BPS.
- Registered with Health professions Council as an Applied/registered Psychologist
- Post-graduate Diploma in CBT.
- Post-graduate Diploma in CBT and top up LTC training
- Ability to formulate presenting problems using range of evidence based psychological models (compliant to NICE guideline Roth and Pilling competencies)
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required
- EMDR qualification
- Other therapy modality (IPT, couples therapy and MBCT).
All frontline colleagues who are required to provide Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated activities or IAPT services must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, in line with new government regulations which come into force on 1 April 2022, anyone employed in this role will need to provide evidence of vaccination, or that they come within a specified exemption as part of pre-employment checks.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Committed Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our participation in Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme which supports us in ensuring all LGBTQIA+ staff are free to be themselves in the workplace.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2), Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group