Mental Health First Contact Practitioner Non-medical Nurse Prescriber
The Role: What you’ll do
- We are looking for a dynamic and highly skilled Mental Health Nurse Prescriber to work within our Basildon and Brentwood Primary Care Network service as a First Contact Practitioner (FCP) in a varied and exciting role.
- As an integral member of the team and working alongside other First Contact Practitioners, you will be responsible for assessing a wide variety of mental health presentations within a primary care setting, ensuring that service users receive the right level of support at the right time for their individual needs.
- You will identify, assess, and develop risk management plans as part of your routine clinical practice.
- Using your non-medical prescribing training and expertise, you will prescribe appropriate pharmacological treatments and conduct routine medication reviews.
- You will visit the GP Practice’s in your area building relationship with the team at the practice.
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest companies to help support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience - we Make People Better.
Vita is fast growing, innovative and ambitious. If you would like to be part our journey and join a company that offers outstanding personal development, flexibility for a work/life balance and a genuine focus on delivering exceptional services then we would love to hear from you.
Your skills and background:
- RMN trained
- Current NMC Registration
- A qualification as a Non-medical prescriber (V300)
- Experience of working in a mental health setting with a range of clients across the lifespan
- At least 2 years experience of working as a non-medical prescriber in a mental health setting
- Awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Completed psychological therapy skills training, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Experience of working in a primary care setting
- Trained in Structured Clinical Management (SCM)
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is actively seeking to increase the diversity of its workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. We are fast growing, innovative and ambitious. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and value excellence in everything we do. We are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the applications process, you can do so by visiting our website and clicking on “contact us” button located at the top right of the page. Please dial the number for our head office in Bury St Edmunds and ask to speak to a member of our recruitment team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Vita Health Group