NHS IAPT Administrator
The core purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the NHS IAPT service in Basildon and Brentwood, through the provision of effective and efficient administrative services for NHS patients, referring GP’s, healthcare professionals and CCG contacts.
It encompasses a range of administrative responsibilities that support the day to day operations of the business, as well as contributing to its ongoing development.
Service hours are between 8am-8pm Monday - Friday & 9am-12:30pm on Saturdays. The successful candidate will be required to work one late shift per week (11-30-8pm) and a Saturday morning on a rotational basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional manner within agreed KPIs.
- Making outbound calls to process patient referrals.
- Updating patient information within IAPTus, ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Identifying and escalating at risk patients in a timely manner to the Duty Therapist.
- Monitoring and actioning IAPTus contact lists in a timely manner and within KPIs.
- Monitoring and responding to enquiries via email.
- Checking and processing letters to patients, GP’s and Healthcare professionals.
- Ensuring patients are communicated with at the earliest opportunity for any changes to appointments.
- Undertaking general administration to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
- Any other ad hoc duties to support the function of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator who enjoys problem solving and forward thinking. They must therefore be comfortable dealing and working with people of all levels. Able to work collaboratively and positively as part of a team.
Attention to detail, accountability and pride in the work they deliver is essential. Good communication skills and high level organisational and time management skills are also a must.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with and dealing with the public.
- Experience of working in an administrative capacity.
- Excellent customer service skills, including a professional telephone manner.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Drive to learn quickly, especially in relation to internal IT applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility with shifts may be required to assist with cover due to staff absence.
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include occasional overnight stays, as and when required
Vita Health Group is a leading UK healthcare provider with over 30 years’ experience delivering best in class physical and mental health services across corporates, NHS and private patients.
We comprise of three leading UK healthcare providers, each with their own great reputation within the healthcare industry; RehabWorks, Workplace Wellness and Crystal Palace Physio Group.
Why Vita Health Group?
Our company purpose is “to make people better” which is inclusive of everyone we treat. In order to achieve this, we strongly believe in our company values:
- Customer Focussed
- People Centred
Our values provide the building blocks for us to achieve the Vita Health Group vision to be the UKs Leading Healthcare Provider of best in class Physical and Mental Health Solutions.
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and value excellence in everything we do. We have a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees and are keen to bring on board candidates that share our vision to be a workplace of choice.
We continually look at attracting the very best people from the widest talent pool. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the applications process, you can do so by visiting our website and clicking on “contact us” button located at the top right of the page or please dial the number for our head office in Bury St Edmunds and ask to speak to a member of our recruitment team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Enhanced annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Ability to work from home when required and where possible (min 5mb download speed required)
- Benenden health cover
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Online benefits portal, including high street discounts and a wellbeing zone
- Continued Professional Development opportunities and comprehensive training provided
- Life Assurance insurance
- Access to internal Equality and Diversity Networks/Groups
- Length of service awards
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Committed Employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to supporting wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group