NHS IAPT Course Administrator (Fixed Term - maternity cover)
Are you looking for an administrative role that will really make a difference to people’s lives?
The core purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the NHS IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) webinar treatments, through the provision of effective and efficient administrative services within the national Course Administration Team. It encompasses a range of administrative responsibilities that support the day-to-day operations of the business, as well as contributing to its ongoing development.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking company and friendly team, keep reading to see if you are interested in the role and what we have to offer.
- To provide administration support for psycho-educational courses (Webinars) covering a range of NICE approved treatments for mild to moderate mental health conditions.
- The role will provide administration support to the clinical team who offer a variety of short-term psychological therapies for people with conditions such as depression and anxiety.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Planning in advance of the session start date to set up webinars on Iaptus System & Microsoft Teams.
- Daily preparation of creating and sending links and booklets for webinars that run each day.
- To assist with collating/emailing handouts and other course materials as necessary. Updating and adapting as needed.
- To assist with uploading/making changes to webinar sessions on Iaptus (across all services).
- Monitoring attendance for each webinar session.
- Making outbound calls to clients about webinar/courses as required and problem solving any basic IT/technical issues to allow clients to participate in webinars.
- Record IAPT national outcomes data regarding individual patient activity using Iaptus.
- Proactively manage non-attendance through contact with patients who do not attend sessions (via telephone, email, letters and text).
- Manage webinar discharges in line with non-attendance policy and course completion.
- Downloading data from spreadsheets as requested, including daily risk reports.
- To provide support across all services, as a centralised course admin team.
- To be flexible and adaptable to changes/additions within the course admin role.
- To support with updating relevant written procedures and manuals.
- To be aware of and comply with IAPT protocols and VitaMinds policies and procedures.
- To undertake training as might be required to maintain an appropriate level of expertise.
- To provide training to others/new members of staff as required.
- To engage regularly with line management, and team meetings.
- Complete any ad-hoc and relevant admin related duties.
- Support the core admin teams if needed.
- Complete all tasks with a high level of accuracy.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator who enjoys problem solving and forward thinking. They must therefore be comfortable dealing and working with people of all levels.
Attention to detail, accountability and pride in the work they deliver is essential. Good communication skills and high level organisational and time management skills are also a must.
This is a remote role but the successful candidate must be able to travel to either Bristol, Loughborough, Harlow or Halifax for monthly performance, wellbeing and development meetings, and training sessions as requested by their line manager. The successful candidate will be required to support other VHG IAPT Admin Teams when there is a business requirement.
Skills and Experience:
- IT literate, and competent in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including a professional telephone manner.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve issues as they arise
- Excellent time management skills
- Personal resilience and ability to deal with emotionally distressed service users
- Previous administration experience
- Some flexibility with shifts may be required to assist with cover due to staff absence
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Basic understanding of an IAPT service
- Previous work experience within an NHS setting
- Experienced in using Microsoft Teams
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view in full on our website. To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2), Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group