NHS IAPT Trainee High Intensity Therapist AQP Calderdale
Would you like:
- To work for an award-winning specialist healthcare company that is dedicated to improving and delivering services rather than delivering the same for less?
- Outstanding personal development and CPD opportunities?
- Flexibility that enables you to balance your work life and personal commitments?
If you answered yes to the above Vita Health Group is your perfect next employer!
- This is an exciting opportunity to join Vita Health Group as a Trainee High Intensity Therapist within an IAPT Primary Care mental health setting in Calderdale.
- You will receive high quality training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) from Sheffield University, working towards a Post Graduate Diploma in High Intensity Psychological Therapies, starting March 2022
- In addition, you will provide High Intensity CBT interventions recommended by NICE to clients with moderate to severe common mental health disorders. (Remotely, or a mix of face to face and remote if local to Calderdale).
- The Trainee position is aimed at experienced mental health professionals or social care workers with a recognised professional qualification working within in a mental health setting.
Skills and Experience:
- Core Professional qualification or equivalent with a completed KSA portfolio
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a discipline connected to mental health e.g. occupational therapy, arts therapy, or within a psychological therapy.
- Membership of the BABCP (from the time that the course commences).
- Availability to attend university as required.
- Experience of working in mental health services, including risk management.
- An understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in a Primary Care setting.
- An understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how this relates to this post.
- An understanding of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets.
- Ability to manage own caseload and time.
- IT literacy and the ability to use patient record information systems, diary systems and maintain clinical records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Evidence of values that are consistent with the NHS constitution and VHG’s values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone skills.
- Interpersonal skills to engage and develop working alliances with colleagues and patients, including the ability to develop good therapeutic relationships and inter-agency relationships.
- Evidence of an openness to learning new knowledge and skills.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required.
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Experience in working within a stepped care service for anxiety and depression
- Experience of working in Primary Care services.
- Worked in a service where agreed targets are in place demonstrating clinical outcomes.
- A Disclosure and Barring check (DBS, formerly CRB) will be required by the service for appointment to post.
- The course will be delivering lectures both online and face-to-face. There will be a requirement to attend face-to-face lectures
- Be available for interview on Wednesday 19th January 2022
- All KSA candidates must have a completed or condensed (where appropriate) KSA at interview
- The start date for the University course is March 7th 2022. We would like successful candidates to be in post before this date to allow for service induction prior to the course commencing.
- At present the course is being run remotely via blackboard, however the University will be moving to a blended approach of face-to-face and remote teaching from March 2022. There is therefore an expectation that trainees will be able to travel to Sheffield for teaching as and when necessary.
For more information on completing a KSA portfolio please see the links below;
Vita Health Group is a leading UK healthcare provider with over 30 years’ experience delivering best in class physical and mental health services across corporates, NHS and private patients.
We comprise of three leading UK healthcare providers, each with their own great reputation within the healthcare industry; RehabWorks, Workplace Wellness and Crystal Palace Physio Group.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Committed Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our participation in Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme which supports us in ensuring all LGBTQIA+ staff are free to be themselves in the workplace.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2), Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group