Remote Helpline Counsellor Weekends EAP
At Vita Health Group our mission is “making people better”, and we are looking to recruit experienced counsellors to achieve that mission.
We have contracts available between 15 and 37.5 hours per week. This is a Weekends only position and we offer set shifts between 05:45 and 23:15.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of qualified counsellors delivering phone-based counselling to our customers, as part of our Employee Assistance Service. Our counsellors work remotely from home, but never alone, and we can provide flexible working arrangements over a variety of shifts, clinical supervision, and training and CPD opportunities. If you have the listening, empathy and communication skills we need in our counsellors, get in touch today to apply.
As a Helpline Counsellor, you have a fantastic opportunity to make a tangible difference to people’s emotional health and wellbeing. As part of our EAP Helpline service you will work as part of a team to provide in the moment counselling support, signposting and referrals into our interventions team for ongoing support if required.
Our EAP helpline operates 24/7, 365 days a year to ensure people receive emotional support when they need it most. Alongside working as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will be responsible for:
- Answering calls from our Employee Assistance Provision helpline
- Conducting triage assessments and making clinical decision based on presenting issues
- Using evidence-based practice to make pathway placement recommendations.
- Providing immediate in the moment advice and counselling support to callers
- Ensuring you deliver high quality services to our customers, in line with BACP codes of practice and ethical guidelines
The candidate we are looking for:
- Recognised Counselling Qualification – ideally Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Level 4 or above)
- BACP (or equivalent) Registered Membership is essential, preferably working towards accredited status (unfortunately Individual/Student Membership cannot be accepted)
- We ask for a minimum of 2 years counselling experience, preferably with a variety of diverse client groups
- 1 year experience in delivering counselling via telephone or virtually is desired
- Self-motivated and confident in remote working to cover agreed shift patterns
- Competent IT skills, experience of MS office and MS teams is essential.
- Knowledge of using the Stepped Care Model and use of assessment tools PHQ9 and GAD7 desirable.
If successful after an initial screening call and interview, we will discuss and agree your shift pattern and contract.
We will provide you with all the IT equipment needed, and check in with you prior to your start date to ensure you have everything you need
You will receive a full 2 week induction, online and with others, which starts with a introduction from the service mangers and meeting some of your new colleagues
We will then support you with “on the job” training to help you practice and use your telephone and IT skills. We have a team of seniors there to support you every step of the way.
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group