Senior High Intensity Therapist Newcastle
Would you like to be part of an innovative, dynamic, and growing organisation that is committed to delivering high quality care for the people in Newcastle? We are looking to appoint an individual who is passionate about high quality care and achieving best outcomes for our clients. Our commitment is delivering the best care to our clients and the successful candidate will share the same commitment and demonstrate our company values: We Make People Better.
Vita Health Group provides evidence based talking therapies to all the people residing in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area ensuring all their mental health needs are fully met. As a Senior Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (Senior CBT) you will be part of the Senior team who are highly skilled professionals focused on developing a strong workforce that can deliver best practice and care. You will lead a team of qualified HITs and Trainees.
Experience, interest, and commitment to service development is essential for this role as you will be expected to take lead in initiating and supporting improvements to the service currently delivered. We appreciate that the work can be demanding and challenging, therefore you will have a wide range of support from within the Local Senior Management team up to the Executive Management level. In addition, we promote flexibility so our staff can be supported in balancing their work/life balance while still meeting the needs of the service.
Vita Health Group is committed to maintaining and continuously build a strong workforce by offering:
- Agenda for change salary scale
- High quality supervision which is essential for further career development
- Continuous professional development
- Excellent opportunities for career progression as our company continues to grow.
- Highly visible leadership and staff empowerment.
- Encouragement for innovation
- Prioritising staff wellbeing enabled via wellbeing advocates, buddy systems, regular contact with peers and the leadership team.
- Flexibility to working pattern for staff to promote work/family balance.
- A friendly and supportive work environment with an overall culture of energy, solution focus and excellence in both service delivery and support.
- Equal opportunities with a commitment to EDI
- Provision of high-quality equipment
- In-depth induction for all new starter with ongoing friendly buddy/mentor support
Your skills and background:
- High Intensity IAPT /TT Qualification (Post Graduate Diploma)
- Full BABCP accreditation
- At least 2 years of working in an IAPT/TT Service as a Band 7 High Intensity Therapist or equivalent experience.
- Good clinical, analytical and judgement skills for health-related issues, able to draw a broad theoretical knowledge base in analysing high complex facts & situations to arrive at appropriate formulations.
- High level of planning & organisational skills to be able to plan & manage a complex workload.
- Ability to compare and select from a range of treatment options
- Ability to provide both brief and longer therapeutic interventions.
- Ability to supervise, teach and train with in depth knowledge of the supervision process.
- Awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Personal: ability to concentrate for a substantive proportion of working time, sitting for long periods, manage distressing/emotional circumstances, manage verbal/physical aggression and be respectful approach to service users/colleagues/carers and other professionals
- Experience in working in Primary Care
- Competent use of other IT packages eg PowerPoint, excel, access
- A car driver
- Active research interests / published research.
- Ability to innovate on the basis of theoretical knowledge
- Experience of developing & delivering specialist training programmes
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, are engaged by insurers and some of the UK’s largest corporate companies to support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view here: https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/join-us/careers/
To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our Ethnicity Matters Scheme where all applicants for senior roles (£40,000+) from a minority ethnic group that meet the essential criteria will be invited for interview.
- Our sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
VHG is committed to supporting transgender individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact HR at email@example.com to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group