Assistant Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner EAP
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner to gain experience in a Corporate Mental Health setting, working with a team of Helpline Counsellors and alongside a range of practitioners, with a varied mix of client contact and service development tasks.
- You will provide a compassionate and professional initial response to service users calling our mental health helpline, taking basic information, and ensuring that they are supported by the appropriate practitioner in a timely way.
- You will contribute to the provision of webchat, responding to service users browsing our mental health website pages, and providing them with information and signposting guidance.
- You will contribute to the initial screening of brief therapy treatment referrals, working under the supervision of the Clinical Lead, to ensure service users are directed to the most appropriate type of therapy for their presenting needs.
- You will contribute to the development of services and resources to our customers in the case of unexpected incidents in the workplace, developing fact sheets and self-help materials.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in psychology or equivalent, allowing entitlement to Graduate membership of the British Psychological Society.
- Additional qualifications or experience in counselling or counselling skills
- Experience of working on a helpline or webchat service previously
- Ability to communicate sensitive information to service users, carers, colleagues in a respectful and empathic manner.
- Ability to apply existing psychological knowledge to a brief therapies/workplace context.
- Willingness to work flexibly regarding shift coverages according to the needs of the service, supporting to maintain service levels.
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- The ability to work remotely in a private space (all ICT equipment will be provided).
- See job descriptions and person specification for more details.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, are engaged by insurers and some of the UK’s largest corporate companies to support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view here: https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/join-us/careers/
To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our Ethnicity Matters Scheme where all applicants for senior roles (£40,000+) from a minority ethnic group that meet the essential criteria will be invited for interview.
- Our sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
VHG is committed to supporting transgender individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group