First Contact Practitioner: Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) Prescriber Trainee
The Role: What you’ll do
- We are looking for a motivated and committed Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work within our Basildon and Brentwood Primary Care Network service as a Mental Health First Contact Practitioner (FCP) Prescriber in Training.
- We have a unique and exciting developmental opportunity to support a band 6 RMN to undertake prescriber training to become an independent nurse prescriber and progress to a band 7. If you are interested in expanding your RMN clinical practice in the area of primary care mental health by offering pharmacological treatment and management, then we want to hear from you.
- As an integral member of the Primary Care Team, you will be responsible for assessing, signposting, and providing mental health advice and support to adult service users who attend at their local GP practice with mental health difficulties. You will ensure that patients receive the right care at the right time for their specific needs.
- This qualification is taught by Anglia Ruskin University and is a blended learning course– a mixture of face to face and remote study.
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest companies to help support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience - we Make People Better.
Vita is fast growing, innovative and ambitious. If you would like to be part our journey and join a company that offers outstanding personal development, flexibility for a work/life balance and a genuine focus on delivering exceptional services then we would love to hear from you.
Your skills and background:
- RMN qualification with current NMC registration – at least 12 months
- You will need to be available to start your studies in January 2022.
- Willingness to complete an intensive prescriber training course (fully funded with supervision support): https://aru.ac.uk/study/professional-and-short-courses/v300-non-medical-prescribing
- Have completed an Advance Clinical Assessment Skills course (or equivalent – 30 credit module at level 6 or 7) an example of such a course can be found here: https://aru.ac.uk/study/professional-and-short-courses/clinical-assessment-skills-for-health-professionals
- Knowledge and experience of working with a range mental health difficulties
- An appreciation of how mental health and physical health issues affect psychological and social functioning
- Robust assessment skills including risk assessment and management
- The ability to establish and foster strong therapeutic alliances with patients
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills - Microsoft Office/Patient record systems
- Ability to travel in and around the Basildon and Brentwood area when the situation allows
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Skills and experience of using psychological therapy techniques, eg CBT, Motivational Interviewing
- Experience of working within a primary care setting
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group