Health and Safety Officer
- Working directly with the central Facilities department to ensure the Health and Safety management system is being monitored appropriately using the Plan Do Check Act methodology.
- Ensure The Health and Safety work act 1974 and all subsequent regulations are adhered to including the management of Health and Safety at Work regulations, The Workplace regulations, Display Screen Equipment, Manual Handling, Electrical, Fire, the provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations.
- Ensure mandatory risk assessments are carried out, up to date and reviewed annually.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of looking after compliance in a multisite environment
- Clear and concise report writing, verbal communication on Health and Safety topics
- Conducting risk assessments
- Good IT skills in particular Excel
- Ability to multi task and prioritise work
- Ability to work productively as part of a team and be proactive and accountable when working individually
- Working in Health Care related sector
- Knowledge of a Health and Safety or CAFM Software
- Ability to travel to sites across the UK
- Ability to drive with access to transportation
- Ability to work remotely where necessary
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Committed Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our participation in Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme which supports us in ensuring all LGBTQIA+ staff are free to be themselves in the workplace.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2), Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group