Health and Wellbeing Coach
- Independently running health & wellbeing workshops/classes in a group and virtual setting to NHS service users experiencing mental wellbeing difficulties, who may also experience long term health conditions.
- Independently conducting health & lifestyle assessments and 1-1 sessions via telephone and/or face to face. The Healthy Living Healthy Minds programme aims to help improve service user’s wellbeing by focussing on improving lifestyle factors. Thus, in-depth coaching sessions are important to address the causes and barriers to improving lifestyle.
- Contributing to the Healthy Living Healthy Minds programme development and assisting in producing digital materials for service users
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest companies to help support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience - we Make People Better.
Vita is fast growing, innovative and ambitious. If you would like to be part our journey and join a company that offers outstanding personal development, flexibility for a work/life balance and a genuine focus on delivering exceptional services then we would love to hear from you.
Skills and Experience:
- Recognized qualification in exercise instruction (such as Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training).
- Experience of delivering face-to-face or virtual exercise classes
- Experience of working individually and within a team
- Ability to encourage behavioural changes, and design individualised health & wellbeing plans
- Sound health and wellbeing knowledge including exercise and nutrition
- Experience of working with people experiencing mental wellbeing difficulties
- Basic knowledge of the IAPT NHS mental health service
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Adept in time management and prioritisation
- Friendly and approachable with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required
- Willingness to undertake occasional evening or weekend work when required
- Prior NHS or healthcare setting experience
- Certificate / diploma in behavioural change, personal coaching, or motivational interviewing
- Level 3 Exercise Referral
- Recognized qualification in exercise class instruction
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group