IAPT Trainee Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
The Role: What you’ll do
Are you an experienced mental health professional or social care worker with a recognised professional qualification working in a mental health setting? Do you meet the KSA requirements as set out by the BABCP? Have you considered training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and getting paid to do it?
Applications are invited from qualified Clinical or Counselling Psychological Therapists, Mental Health Nurses, Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and PWP’s to apply for the one-year full-time IAPT post graduate diploma courses based at University of Nottingham, commencing September 2021.
- You will receive high quality training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) at University of Nottingham, working towards a Post Graduate Diploma in High Intensity Psychological Therapies.
- You will provide High Intensity CBT interventions recommended by NICE to clients with moderate to severe common mental health disorders.
- The Trainee position is aimed at mental health professionals who have some experience in CBT and who continue to work in a mental health environment.
Applicants without a recognised and accredited core mental health professional training (such as Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners or Psychotherapists and Counsellors without UKCP or BACP accreditation) are eligible to apply, but must be able to demonstrate at interview that they meet the KSA requirements set by the BABCP. These applicants also need at least 4 years part-time or 2 years full time relevant clinical experience.
For more information, including completing a KSA portfolio please see the links below;
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest companies to help support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience - we Make People Better.
Vita is fast growing, innovative and ambitious. If you would like to be part our journey and join a company that offers outstanding personal development, flexibility for a work/life balance and a genuine focus on delivering exceptional services then we would love to hear from you.
Skills and Experience:
- Core Professional training or qualification, or able to demonstrate at interview that they meet the KSA requirements set by the BABCP. (KSA to be submitted by 12th August)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a discipline connected to mental health (or ability to study at third year undergraduate degree level).
- Membership of the BABCP (from the time that the course commences).
- Availability to attend University of Nottingham as required – teaching will be face to face and remote.
- 2 years minimum experience of working in mental health care settings or with people with lived experience of mental distress. Psychological wellbeing Practitioners need to have 2 years post qualification experience.
- An understanding of anxiety and depression and how it presents in Primary Care.
- An understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies.
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets.
- Ability to manage own caseload and time.
- IT literacy and the ability to use patient record information systems, diary systems and maintain clinical records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Evidence of values that are consistent with the NHS constitution and VHG’s values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone skills.
- Interpersonal skills to engage and develop working alliances with colleagues and patients, including the ability to develop good therapeutic relationships and inter-agency relationships.
- Evidence of an openness to learning new knowledge and skills.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required.
- Evidence of foundation level or sustained CPD in CBT.
- Evidence of supervised CBT practice.
- Experience of working in Primary Care/IAPT services.
- Worked in a service where agreed targets are in place demonstrating clinical outcomes.
- A Disclosure and Barring check (DBS, formerly CRB) will be required by the service for appointment to post.
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group