Locum Remote Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Using your clinical expertise, you will assess the suitability of new referrals through telephone assessments and provide short term, low intensity interventions via telephone, online webinars, and computerised CBT (CCBT). Where needed, you will work closely with colleagues at Steps 3 and 4, and external services, to support safe onward referrals and step ups, at all times maintaining and advocating for patient dignity, confidentiality and inclusivity.
Some of the benefits of working with Vita Health Group as a locum PWP:
- Flex your caseload to suit your lifestyle
- Comprehensive induction training programme
- Ongoing Clinical Skills Training and comprehensive learning and development programme
- Regular Clinical Supervision and Case Management
- An organisation committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees
- Work with colleagues who are passionate about making people better
- Refer a friend bonus and other incentive schemes
Skills and Experience
- Graduate/Post Graduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions
- BABCP registration
- Experience of dealing with a broad range of common mental health problems and providing low intensity interventions
- Experience of providing both telephone and video assessments and treatment sessions
- An understanding of acute mental health/psychological assessments
- Experience of risk assessment and routine clinical outcome monitoring
- Confident communication skills to liaise with clients as well as other professional groups and multi-disciplinary teams
- Have an awareness occupational health: value being ensured to both occupational clients as well as to individuals
- An awareness of working with private medical insurance
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, are engaged by insurers and some of the UK’s largest corporate companies to support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view here: https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/join-us/careers/
To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our Ethnicity Matters Scheme where all applicants for senior roles (£40,000+) from a minority ethnic group that meet the essential criteria will be invited for interview.
- Our sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
VHG is committed to supporting transgender individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact HR at email@example.com to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group