NHS IAPT Administrator
The core purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the NHS IAPT service, through the provision of effective and efficient administrative services for NHS patients, referring GP’s, healthcare professionals and CCG contacts. It encompasses a range of administrative responsibilities that support the day to day operations of the business, as well as contributing to its ongoing development.
We are looking for someone to join us on a part time basis working 27.5 hours per week. This role will be a mixture of remote and office working.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional manner within agreed KPIs.
- Making outbound calls to process patient referrals.
- Updating patient information within IAPTus, ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Identifying and escalating at risk patients in a timely manner to the Duty Therapist.
- Monitoring and actioning IAPTus contact lists in a timely manner and within KPIs.
- Monitoring and responding to enquiries via email.
- Checking and processing letters to patients, GP’s and Healthcare professionals.
- Ensuring patients are communicated with at the earliest opportunity for any changes to appointments.
- Undertaking general administration to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
- Any other ad hoc duties to support the function of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator who enjoys problem solving and forward thinking. They must therefore be comfortable dealing and working with people of all levels.
Attention to detail, accountability and pride in the work they deliver is essential. Good communication skills and high level organisational and time management skills are also a must.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with and dealing with the public.
- Experience of working in an administrative capacity.
- Excellent customer service skills, including a professional telephone manner.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Drive to learn quickly, especially in relation to internal IT applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility with shifts may be required to assist with cover due to staff absence.
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel, which may include occasional overnight stays, as and when required
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group