NHS MSK First Contact Physiotherapist
Vita Health Group are looking to recruit outstanding candidates to join our NHS – MSK physiotherapy team. We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing FCP team, we are well placed to offer a varied caseload by having a split role in FCP clinics and Physiotherapy or APP clinics based on experience. All of our FCP clinicians are well supported by our clinical supervisors who will work with you to achieve sign off the Health Education England roadmap and full FCP accreditation. If you have two or more years MSK experience and are keen to progress into an FCP then this role is suitable for you. You will expertly assess, treat, and manage patients in:
- First Contact Physiotherapy clinics in South East London GP practices.
- Supervised MCATs clinics across VHG’s South East London NHS MSK contracts.
- Physiotherapy clinics in South East London
- Whilst there is a requirement for a portion of clinics to be carried out face to face there is the option for blended remote work long term.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in physiotherapy is essential along with HCPC and CSP membership.
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate experience
- Previous experience working as a senior physiotherapist in an NHS MSK service.
- Previous experience assessing and treating adults with axial and peripheral MSK complaints.
- Experience of corresponding with GPs and secondary care regarding patient care.
- Possess an understanding of Radiology and blood Investigations for MSK pain
- Previous experience in a telehealth environment
- IT literate – intermediate level minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including shared decision making.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Ability to work individually or within a team and foster good working relationships.
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- MSc Advanced practice Physiotherapy.
- Previous experience working in a MCATs service delivering MSK FCP/APP clinics.
- Experience with Virtual triage.
- MDT working including making direct referrals to secondary care services.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement processes
- MSK Injection therapy
- Ultrasonography (PG cert or equivalent)
- Independent prescribing
Investing in you
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, which you can view in full on our website.
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers. We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience.
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development, a comprehensive benefits package and annual leave which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We support wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health and as a Disability Confident Committed Employer we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. We have also made a commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES).
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
*Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.*
Vita Health Group