Part-time Psychological Therapist EMDR/CBT/CAT/DBT/ MBT
The Role: What you’ll do:
This is a part-time opportunity for someone who would like a permanent role or to gain experience in a specialist area as a secondment.
You will be working as part of a motivated, cohesive, and well-supported clinical team and will be an experienced therapist with a proven record of treating a wide range of mental health presentations in primary care.
We are looking for therapists with additional training in modalities such as Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive behaviour therapy for psychosis (CBT-P), psychodynamic approaches such as Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), Mentalisation Based Therapy (MBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT). Experience and training in working with personality disorder and trauma presentations will be essential. Modality-specific clinical supervisors, appropriate for the caseload will be provided as well regular case management supervision and ongoing training
Our Clinicians are well resourced with IT and communications equipment. Our service uses the iaptus patient administration system and operates on a near-paperless basis.
You will need to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, service users and members of the public, respect individual rights to confidentiality, and complete tasks within given deadlines. You will have relevant qualifications, most likely at post-graduate level, have accreditation with an appropriate professional body and be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and experience within the area of adult mental health.
Your skills and background:
- Mental health background with additional psychological therapy training
- Experience of working with complex mental health presentations which extend beyond the scope of IAPT service provision
- MDT working
- Trained in: Mentalisation-based Therapy (MBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Additional training in evidence-based psychological approaches
- Experience of treating complex mental health presentations in adults
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills - Microsoft Office/Patient record systems
- Awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion.
- Experience of facilitating group-based interventions
- Trained in Structured Clinical Management (SCM)
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, support the UK’s largest corporate companies to help assist their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance, support with continued professional development and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view in full on our website.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Committed Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our participation in Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme which supports us in ensuring all LGBTQIA+ staff are free to be themselves in the workplace.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2), Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group