Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) Bristol
Are you ready to bring your passion, personality, creativity, and clinical expertise to a role that makes a real difference? Are you looking for a team who supports, celebrates, and invests in you? Are you keen to champion patient care, clinical excellence, and service development?
If so, Vita Health Group is the place for you!
Getting to know Us
Hello! We are the VitaMinds BNSSG – we are the lead provider of NHS Talking Therapies services within the BNSSG Integrated Care footprint, providing vital mental health support to clients aged 16+ across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. We are super proud of the work we do at Step 2 and see the life-changing impact of our practice every single day!
We really do practice what we preach here at Vita, with a company-wide focus on staff wellbeing, a flexible and creative approach to work and a real culture of openness and support. We love to see our colleagues thrive and achieve their personal goals, so we place a real emphasis on quality supervision, rich CPD and encouraging our PWPs to take on leadership roles and training opportunities.
Making People Better
As a qualified PWP, you have a vital role to play in the service we provide to our clients.
Using your clinical expertise, you will assess the suitability of new referrals through telephone assessments and provide short term, low intensity interventions via telephone, online webinars, and computerised CBT (CCBT). Where needed, you will work closely with colleagues at Steps 3 and 4, and external services, to support safe onward referrals and step ups, at all times maintaining and advocating for patient dignity, confidentiality and inclusivity.
Getting to know You
Each PWP brings their own unique skills, background, and experiences to their practice. Alongside this, you must have:
- A Certificate/Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in Low Intensity Interventions (Adults)
- BABCP registration or pending registration (if returning to practice and not sure how to meet registration requirements, we are happy to discuss prior to interview)
- Experience of working with people who have experienced a mental health problem.
- An awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
We happily welcome applications from newly qualified practitioners and are always keen to speak to PWPs who are able to work locally within BNSSG.
Unable to work within the practice area? No problem! We also welcome applications from PWPs who wish to work remotely.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Why Vita Health Group?
Vita Health Group celebrates life. Improving lives physically and mentally drives everything we do.
We are physical and mental health specialists with over 30 years of experience. We work in partnership with the NHS, are engaged by insurers and some of the UK’s largest corporate companies to support their workforce and provide a full range of physiotherapy services to private customers.
To achieve our mission of making people better, we recognise the importance of investing in our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer the opportunity of a flexible work life balance and a comprehensive benefits package which you can view here: https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/join-us/careers/
To progress your skills and enable career development we provide Continued Professional Development opportunities including secondments, management training, a mentoring scheme and regular events and webinars across a range of clinical disciplines.
Vita Health Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this we have a dedicated team of EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
- Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
- Our status as a Disability Confident Employer dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process. All disabled candidates that meet the minimum essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- Our Ethnicity Matters Scheme where all applicants for senior roles (£40,000+) from a minority ethnic group that meet the essential criteria will be invited for interview.
- Our sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer.
- Our sign up to the Employer with Heart Charter.
- Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
- The provision of access to health and wellbeing services for colleagues which includes a team of trained Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- An embedded “speaking up” culture facilitated by Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact email@example.com and we will arrange.
VHG is committed to supporting transgender individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Vita Health Group