Remote Helpline Counsellor Nights EAP
The Role: What you will do?
At Vita Health Group our mission is “making people better”, and we are looking to recruit experienced counsellors to achieve that mission.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of qualified counsellors providing immediate counselling support to our helpline callers (not sessional counselling). Our counsellors work remotely from home, but never alone, and we can provide flexible working arrangements over a variety of shifts, clinical supervision, and training and CPD opportunities. Once you have completed 6 months on the helpline, there will be the option to provide short-term (video/telephone) counselling sessions for those looking for variety or working towards accreditation. If you have the listening, empathy and communication skills we need in our counsellors, get in touch today to apply.
As a Helpline Counsellor, you have a fantastic opportunity to make a tangible difference to people’s emotional health and wellbeing. As part of our EAP Helpline you will work as part of a team to provide in the moment counselling support, signposting and referrals into our interventions team for ongoing support if required.
Our EAP helpline operates 24/7, 365 days a year to ensure people receive emotional support when they need it most. Alongside working as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will be responsible for:
- Answering calls from a varied client base from corporate, membership and healthcare helplines
- Providing immediate in the moment advice and counselling support to callers
- Signposting and connecting callers to appropriate services as necessary
- Conducting structured mental health assessments to aid you in your clinical decision making
- Using evidence-based practice to make pathway placement recommendations
- Completing a range of clinical administrative tasks
- Ensuring you deliver high quality services to our customers, in line with BACP codes of practice and ethical guidelines
- You may also be asked to attend team meetings, clinical supervision outside of your normal working hours at a mutually convenient time, paid as overtime.
- To ensure our clients are provided with out
The candidate we are looking for:
- Recognised Counselling Qualification – ideally Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Level 4 or above)
- BACP (or equivalent) Registered Membership is essential, preferably working towards accredited status (unfortunately Individual/Student Membership cannot be accepted)
- We ask for a minimum of 2 years counselling experience, preferably with a variety of diverse client groups
- 1 year experience in providing emotional helpline support is desired
- Previous experience of working overnight is desired
- Self-motivated and confident in remote working to cover agreed shift patterns
- Competent IT skills, experience of MS Office and MS Teams is essential.
- Knowledge of using the Stepped Care Model and use of assessment tools PHQ9 and GAD7 desirable.
- If successful after an initial screening call and interview, we will discuss and agree your shift pattern and contract.
- We will provide you with all the IT equipment needed, and check in with you prior to your start date to ensure you have everything you need
- You will receive a full 2 week induction, online and with others, which starts with a introduction from the service mangers and meeting some of your new colleagues
- This will then be followed by 2 weeks of working days to cement your learning before moving on to your nights rotation
- We will then support you with “on the job” training to help you practice and use your telephone and IT skills. We have a team of seniors there to support you every step of the way
Vita Health Group is a leading UK healthcare provider with over 30 years’ experience delivering best in class physical and mental health services across corporates, NHS and private patients.
We comprise of three leading UK healthcare providers, each with their own great reputation within the healthcare industry; RehabWorks, Workplace Wellness and Crystal Palace Physio Group.
Why Vita Health Group?
Our company purpose is “to make people better” which is inclusive of everyone we treat. In order to achieve this, we strongly believe in our company values:
- Customer Focussed
- People Centred
Our values provide the building blocks for us to achieve the Vita Health Group vision to be the UKs Leading Healthcare Provider of best in class Physical and Mental Health Solutions.
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and value excellence in everything we do. We have a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees and are keen to bring on board candidates that share our vision to be a workplace of choice.
We continually look at attracting the very best people from the widest talent pool. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the applications process, you can do so by visiting our website and clicking on “contact us” button located at the top right of the page or please dial the number for our head office in Bury St Edmunds and ask to speak to a member of our recruitment team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Committed Employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to supporting wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Enhanced annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Ability to work from home when required and where possible (min 5mb download speed required)
- Benenden health cover
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Online benefits portal, including high street discounts and a wellbeing zone
- Continued Professional Development opportunities and comprehensive training provided
- Life Assurance insurance
- Access to internal Equality and Diversity Networks/Groups
- Length of service awards
Vita Health Group